This Peru family tour allows you to visit Machu Picchu, the most iconic travel destination in South America, from the city of Cusco or the Sacred Valley of the Incas, traveling by train on one of the world’s great railroad journeys.
About this activity:
Full Itinerary: Machu Picchu Family Tour + Sacred Valley
Leaving behind the city of Cusco, our bus will take us to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, passing Sacsayhuaman and Tambomachay along the way. After crossing the high plains, the road descends towards to the town of Pisaq, on the banks of the sacred Urubamba River. After plenty of time to wander through the market and pick up some souvenirs, we will drive up to the Inca ruins of Pisaq. Here, the Incas built an extensive settlement composed of temples, residential areas, a tunnel and agricultural terracing, all with a commanding view over the Sacred Valley, stretched out far below. After visiting the Inca site of Pisaq we will drive to the quiet town of Urubamba for lunch. After an excellent meal in Urubamba, we will go to the train station and take the touristic train for about 1.5 hours, following a narrow valley next to the Urubamba River.
- Accommodation: Hotel (1 night).
- Meals Included: Lunch.
Visit Machu Picchu with kids, South America’s most iconic attraction. Located at the top of a steep, forested hill overlooking the Urubamba River, Machu Picchu was hidden by thick cloud forest vegetation for centuries until the American explorer Hiram Bingham began to clear the site after its rediscovery in 1911.
Today the city has been extensively restored, creating an unforgettable sight for visitors like you who arrive from all over the world. PM Train back to Ollantaytambo or Poroy Train Station.
- Meals Included: There are no meals included on this day.
- Original passport.
- A small day backpack to carry your personal belongings.
- Trekking shoes or light hiking boots.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Rain gear.
- Money to buy souvenirs, tips and meals.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Let’s go to Machu Picchu 2-day tour, starting and ending in Cusco! You will travel by car through the beautiful Sacred Valley and then by train to Machu Picchu, where you will visit the historic citadel in the next day, before taking that train back to Cusco.
- Visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas includes visits to the remarkable Inca sites of Pisaq, Ollantaytambo with plenty of time to enjoy.
- Take your time to Photograph the spectacular scenery of the sacred valley to machu picchu and surrounding peaks.
- Immerse yourself in history and legend that will make you feel closer to the Incas.
- It is perfect for everyone, special for kind of people who likes to visit machu picchu with kids and know more about Incas culture.
- Spend your family vacation in peru knowing ones of the 7 Wonder of the World
- Remember altitude sickness it doesn’t have to be a problem, with couple of days acclimatization you should be ok. Ask for Hotels located at the Sacred Valley to acclimatize quick.
Please note that it is not possible to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain with this 2-day tour to Machu Picchu, as these mountains can only be climbed in the morning and on this tour we visit Machu Picchu in the afternoon. If you want to climb one of these mountains, we recommend our 2-day Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu package.
Vistadome train or upgrade: Our price includes a ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and a train ticket back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo on the Expedition train. However, if you want to upgrade your train back from Aguas Calientes to Cusco to the Vistadome train or have an upgrade in category, the price is an additional $50 USD per person.
FAQs Machu Picchu Family Tour + Sacred Valley
- Transportation from your hotel to go and back.
- Entrance ticket to the Sacred Valley.
- Round trip train tickets from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes in the Expedition service.
- Round trip bus tickets to Machu Picchu and back to Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Experienced private tour guide fluent in English.
- 01 Night Hotel Aguas Calientes. **
- Meals not mentioned.