Inca Trail Availability & Permits 2024
Inca Trail 2 Days
- Firstly, we highly recommend making your reservations as soon as possible, as availability is limited and tends to sell out quickly, up to six to eight months in advance.
- Secondly, the months of March through August, the Classic Inca Trail 4-day tour is the most popular and is expected to sell out quickly.
- Additionally, availability for Wayna Picchu (Huayna Picchu) is limited and sells out quickly throughout the year, so it is recommended to make reservations well in advance.
- Please note that availability for the Inca Trail is closed during the month of February due to maintenance, upkeep, and cleaning, as mandated by the Ministry of Culture, usually this is also because of the heavy-raining during this month.
- We provide the same availability information as any other authorized agency, directly from the Ministry of Culture. We recommend acting promptly to secure your desired dates and avoid disappointment.
- The availability of the Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, and Huayna Picchu is managed exclusively by the Peruvian Ministry of Culture, and they are the only ones who can authorize access.
- The Inca Trail is limited to 500 spaces per day, which includes staff (porters, cooks, and guides).
- Please note that if you plan to do the Short Inca Trail Tour, Classic Inca Trail, 5-Day Inca Trail Tour, Salkantay Trek, Inca Quarry Trek, your visit to Machu Picchu will be on the last day of your itinerary.
What's Included in Our Tour
- Comprehensive briefing and welcome meeting.
- Guided tours with professional, English-speaking guides who are passionate about sharing historical information, culture, and customs of our locality.
- Accommodation: This tour includes one night in Aguas Calientes. If needed, additional nights can be easily added before or after the tour. Please inform your travel agent if you are interested in extending the tour, and we will provide you with a price quote. Rates are based on double occupancy, and single rooms are available at an additional cost. If you prefer, we can also assist in changing hotels or booking the trip without accommodation, allowing you to make your own arrangements.
- Transportation: All transportation during the trip is included. We will ensure your pick-up and provide escort services until your return to the hotel or airport.
- Tickets: All necessary tickets are included, such as the Inca Trail permit, entrance to Machu Picchu Circuit N°3, round trip bus tickets to/from Aguas Calientes, and one bus ticket one way.
- Train Tickets: Train tickets are provided in tourist class Peru Rail or Inca Rail. The train departs from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes at approximately 6:10 hrs and returns from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo at approximately 14:55 hrs. Upgrades to Vistadome or 360° train are available at an additional cost of $75 one way and $125 round trip.
- Transfers: All necessary transfers are included until the end of the trip.
- Meals: Only the meals specified in the itinerary are included.
What is Not Included in Our Tour
- Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain ticket (extra cost of $75 USD).
- Flights: Traveling to Cusco, Peru can be challenging as delays and cancellations are common. It is recommended to arrive in the city at least two days prior to your trek start date. LATAM is the most reliable airline, so ensure that your domestic flights do not interfere with your tour schedule.
- Gratuities: Tipping is greatly appreciated and should be based on your satisfaction. While it may not be customary for you, it holds significant meaning for the people who will take care of you during your journey.
- Travel Insurance: While not mandatory, it is always recommended to have travel insurance. Adjusting to the altitude in Cusco, Peru can be challenging, especially for those accustomed to sea-level conditions. Most individuals require one or two days to acclimate.
- Day Packs: We recommend carrying a small bag with snacks, water, a hat, layers of clothing, insect repellent, documents, and a camera at all times.
- Last Lunch in Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu and Peru are waiting for you!If you have any other inquiries on this subject, or any other, don't hesitate to contact us! And we'll help you promptly.
SELECT TOURIST TYPE
AVAILABLEKindly choose your options to access information about availability details.