Experience four enchanting days at our exquisite Ecolodge, where you’ll immerse yourself in the beauty of nature. Embark on captivating forest trail adventures, discover the vibrant biodiversity of lush wetland ecosystems, and follow the meandering rivers that wind through our enchanting landscapes. Book your stay now and indulge in the passion of nature like never before.
About this activity:
Full Itinerary: Exuberant Rainforest
Once you arrive at the Puerto Maldonado airport, your naturalist guide will meet you. After a brief stop in town to store large luggage, drive to the pier and travel by covered motorized boat to the jungle lodge. En route, spot bird species typical of the local river and forest edge. The Tambopata Rainforest area holds the world record for the most bird sightings in one area.
Enjoy a welcome drink and orientation. Before dinner, head out for a night walk around the lodge grounds. Get the lowdown on local flora and fauna, and grab a flashlight to discover what’s living around amazon ecolodge grounds. Receive help from the talented, expert naturalist guide to locate heaps of hidden creatures, about 50% of the animals are nocturnal in the peru rainforest.
You can walk slowly through the forest searching for wildlife before heading out on an oxbow lake by canoe. Enjoy visits to oxbow lakes to learn about the jungle and its inhabitants. Be introduced to the area’s rich flora and fauna by expert naturalist guides, who can teach extensive uses for medicinal and other forest plant resources through traditional techniques. You will return to the amazon ecolodge in time for lunch.
Spend time around the lodge or go further afield. Free time is yours to explore any way you want!
Head out after dark by motorized canoe to search for caimans on the river banks. Enjoy a lesson on caimans from the expert guide. Take advantage of the keen eyes of the expert naturalist guides – they are truly spectacular at spotting these elusive smaller cousins of alligators hiding on the muddy banks
Enjoy visits to oxbow lakes to learn about the Peru jungle and its inhabitants. Be introduced to the area’s rich flora and fauna by expert naturalist guides, who can teach extensive uses for medicinal and other forest plant resources through traditional techniques. We will get on time to have a delicious lunch at the heart of the lake. The afternoon is free for relaxation and bathing
Time to return to the city of Puerto Maldonado is scheduled according to flight time of the group. In the mornings you can see the wildlife that is particularly active at this time, are frequently heard howler monkeys or stop. Your guide will give support to his arrival in Puerto Maldonado and will relocate to the airport and assist you on your flight
Cancellation Policy: 60 days or more before the date of the start of services: only the bank charges will not be refunded.
Know before you go:
- Transportation: Land Transfers & Included Tours/activities: Many of the land transfers and included tours will be by private van, car or taxi, while others may be shared with other travelers depending on availability, nature of the activity and destination.
- What to Take: We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack (whichever you find easiest to carry). A good size daypack is also essential. PLEASE NOTE that your luggage allowance for the jungle boat from Puerto Maldonado is 10 kg. Excess luggage can be safely stored in Puerto Maldonado – please talk to the local guide of you need this arranged.
- Finishing Point Instructions: Please do not book any flights out of Puerto Maldonado until 11am or later
- Packing List: Knee-length socks, Loose-fitting, light coloured hiking pants, Loose-fitting, light coloured long-sleeved shirts, Pack liners to waterproof bags, Binoculars (optional), Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries), Cash, sunscreen, insect repellent, hat, sunglasses, swimwear, sandals/flip-flops.
- Motorized canoe: Be prepared to protect yourself from the sun and bugs before getting on the boat. The boat’s quite pleasant with the covered roof and breeze, but passengers can still get sunburned. It’s recommended to wear light long sleeves and trousers on the boat.
- Transfers Puerto Maldonado – Ecolodge: As part of the itineraries we offer, we provide daily transfers from 12:00 to 13:30.
- Transfers Tambopata – Puerto Maldonado: As part of the itineraries we offer, we provide daily transfers from 7:30 and 8:30 from the Ecolodge to the airport at Puerto Maldonado. We therefore recommend return flights from Puerto Maldonado departing between 11:00 and 13:30. Those guests departing on later flights should remember that they will be required to wait in the airport for their departure or spend time in the town of Puerto Maldonado from the time they are transferred by the company from the Ecolodge to the local airport.
- This tour begins and ends in Puerto Maldonado entrance tickets and internal flights are not included.
Voucher Information: Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
Emergency Phone Number for Travelers: Cell phone: +51 924 298 708 / +51 967 741 544 / +51 993 695 548
Mobile Access: We accept mobile vouchers.
Guidance Service and Information: Spanish and English
Minimum participants per booking: 02
Prices per person:
|USD 861.00||USD 677.00||USD 609.00|
Pick Up point: Puerto Maldonado airport.
Hotel Pick Up Description: None
End Point: At Puerto Maldonado airport.
Type of Pricing: Price per Person
Starting time: You will receive information about your tour upon arrival at the start point (Puerto Maldonado airport) and will have a local guide for all included activities while at the Ecolodge.
Ending time: This tour ends around 10:30 a.m
Private Option: This product option is non-private
The entrance Fee to the TNR: Aprox. $ 20.00 per person
Prices per person:
- Simple: USD 861
- Double: USD 677
- Triple: USD 609
FAQs Exuberant Rainforest
- All meals included
- All transport from your arrival
- Professionally guided tour
- All meals and accommodation from lunch on Day 1 to Breakfast on your final day (inclusive).
- All transport from your arrival at Puerto Maldonado to your return to the airport (inclusive).
- All guided excursions describes in the itinerary (including on additional days, if you wish).
- One night excursion on the river looking for Caiman.
- Entrance tickets to monuments and museums
- Personal expenses
- Tips to guide and driver
- Flights to and from Puerto Maldonado
- The entrance Fee to the TNR aprox $ 20.00 per person
- Airport taxes.
- Any drinks you may purchase from the bar.