Let’s go for machu picchu day trip, starting and ending in Cusco! You will travel by car through the beautiful Sacred Valley and then by train to Machu Picchu, where you will visit the historic citadel in the afternoon and have a full tour, before taking that train back to Cusco.
About this activity:
Full Itinerary: Full Day Machu Picchu Tour
We will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco in the morning (at approximately 4:30 am) and will drive for about 2 hours through the Sacred Valley, passing by picturesque towns and extensive farms before we arrive to the Inca town of Ollantaytambo.
We will go to the train station and take the touristic train for about 1.5 hours, following a narrow valley next to the Urubamba River. When we arrive to Aguas Calientes, you will have time to have lunch on your own at one of the local restaurants.
Then with your guide you will take the 25-minute bus ride up to Machu Picchu. You will have a 2-hour tour with your guide where you will see and learn about the most important sites. After your tour, you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes, and in the evening you will take the Expedition train back Ollantaytambo, where we will pick you up from the train station and take you to your hotel in Cusco (at about 10:30 pm).
Please note that it is not possible to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain with this machu picchu one day tour: These mountains can only be climbed in the morning and on this tour we visit Machu Picchu in the afternoon. If you would like to climb one of these mountains, we recommend our 2-Day Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu Package.
Vistadome or upgrade Train: Our price for machu picchu 1 day tour includes a ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and a return train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo in the Expedition train. However, if you would like to upgrade your return train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco to the Vistadome train or have and upgrade the price is an additional $100 USD per person.
FAQs Full Day Machu Picchu Tour
- Entrance tickets to monuments and museums
- Observation and participation in allowed activities
- Professionally guided tour
- Transportation from your hotel in Cusco to the train station and back to your hotel at the end
- Round trip train tickets from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes in the Expedition service
- Round trip bus tickets to Machu Picchu and back to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Experienced private tour guide fluent in English
- Meals, unless expressly states
- Personal expenses
- Services not specifically stated in the itinerary
- Tips to guide and driver