“Immerse yourself in nature’s embrace, surrounded by breathtaking snow-capped peaks, lush valleys, and the flowing Urubamba River. Discover enduring Peruvian traditions such as weaving and ceremonies that enrich your journey to fully appreciate the Sacred Valley.
About this activity:
Full Itinerary: Sacred Valley Tour
Pick up at your hotel in Cusco at 8:00 am. In our vehicle, we will drive to the Animal Refuge which has Andean animals such as llamas, alpacas, condors, and pumas. Afterwards, we will head to one of the most important archaeological sites in the region, called Pisac, to see Inca burial grounds, ancient irrigation systems and astronomical centers.
We will visit the ruins and terraces for about an hour, and after our tour here will then go down to the town of Pisac located at the bottom of the valley. In this town we will first stop by a local silver factory and will see a demonstration of how they process and form beautiful jewelry.
Next, we will walk through the cobble-stoned streets to the plaza to see locals selling produce and souvenirs in their stands. You will have some free time to browse and do some shopping here as well. After finishing our visit in Pisac, we will drive to the town of Urubamba to have a buffet lunch which includes both delicious Peruvian and Western cuisine.
From there, we will head to Ollantaytambo where we will visit the ruins built up on terraces that features massive stones at the top. This site was an important religious and astronomical center, and was also used as a military fortress in one of the biggest battles the Incas had against the Spanish.
After this, we will start to head back to Cusco, and on the way we will stop at another local village called Chinchero where we will see the remaining Inca buildings and terraces here that were important for the administration of farming. We will then return to Cusco and will drop you off at your hotel around 6:30 pm.
- Trekking shoes or light hiking boots
- A small day backpack to carry your personal belongings
- Comfortable hiking clothes
- Money to buy souvenirs and for the tourist pass
- Rain jacket or plastic poncho
- Water and snacks
- Animal refuge: The ticket is 15 soles per person (the money is used to maintain the refuge and provide food for the animals)
- Entrance to archaeological sites: The entrance fees to the archaeological sites are not included. Please note that you will need to purchase a tourist pass to enter the sites on the sacred valley tours. You can purchase a partial tourist pass for 70 soles (about $20 USD) if you plan to tour only the sites in the sacred valley tour from cusco during your trip. However, if you plan to visit sites in both the Sacred Valley and Cusco, we recommend you purchase the full tourist pass for 130 soles (about $40 USD) which is valid for 10 days. It is not necessary to purchase the tourist pass in advance, as you can get it at the first site we visit on the tour sacred valley peru.
FAQs Sacred Valley Tour
- Professionally guided tour
- Transportation all day
- Official tour guide fluent in English, Spanish
- Lunch at a buffet restaurant
- Entrance tickets to monuments and museums
- Medical insurance and emergency insurance
- Personal expenses
- Services not specifically stated in the itinerary
- Tips to guide and driver
- Visa arrangements
- The entrance fees to the archaeological sites are not included. Please note that you will need to purchase a tourist pass to enter the sites on this tour sacred valley peru. You can purchase a partial tourist pass for 70 soles (about $20 USD) if you plan to tour only the sites in the sacred valley tour peru during your trip. However, if you plan to visit sites in both the Sacred Valley and Cusco, we recommend you purchase the full tourist pass for 130 soles (about $40 USD) which is valid for 10 days. It is not necessary to purchase the tourist pass in advance, as you can get it at the first site we visit on the sacred valley tour.
- The Animal Refuge requires a 15 soles per person entrance ticket which goes toward maintaining the refuge and providing food for the animals.
- The lunch does not include drinks.