TIPS FOR FAMILY VACATION IN PERU 2024
Family vacation in Peru is one of the most unforgettable experiences for children of any age. Because they might try new food, discover new places and hear different spoken languages; while they open their eyes to the world, their parents spend great time with them.
However, travelling as a family can also be overwhelming and often generates doubts and stress even before booking Machupicchu family tour + Sacred Valley. To ensure that this trip creates nothing but happy memories, Natourandes offers these 13 simple tips:
BEFORE YOUR FAMILY TOUR IN PERU:
- Make space in your suitcase for your children’s favourite clothes and toys. If you don’t have much space, you can always use the hand bags.
- If you are travelling to machu picchu with kids, make sure you have extra toiletries, but don’t pack them in your luggage. One tip is to buy an assortment of things you might need during your holiday (nappies, special food, etc.) online in advance and get them delivered directly to your accommodation at your destination in Peru.
- Bring with you a familiar item from your children’s room (pillow, cuddly toy, etc.) to help them to avoid missing their beds so much and to sleep better.
- Be prepared for a possible flight delay. In the case of babies, carrying nappies in hand luggage can be extremely useful, due to buying them at the airport is much more expensive.
DURING THE TRANSPORTATION BY CAR, TRAIN AND AIRPLANE:
- On a plane, and especially during take-off and landing, children’s ears suffer from pressure changes much more than those of an adult. For babies, it is advisable to bring them water and drink it frequently. Meanwhile, for older children, chewing gum or candy can help their ears to endure these pressure changes.
- For peru family tour, bring a mobile phone or tablet with children’s favourite videos. Make sure they can cover several hours of entertainment and that the battery is 100% charged. Especially for the train ride of the 2-day tour to Machu Picchu.
- Wrap a small surprise in wrapping paper and give it to your kids during the Peru family tour. It is not necessary to be anything new; it can even be a favourite toy from home.
- Carry a notebook, coloured pencils, post-its, stickers… and encourage them to imagine what the destination will be like.
If the gadget battery fails, it is always useful to use analogue methods of entertainment in the family vacation Peru.
- An inflatable pillow or small cushion can be useful during the journey. It will help them sleep and help them feel more comfortable while seated in the touristic transportation of our Machupicchu family tour + Sacred Valley.
ONCE AT THE DESTINATION
- Unpack as soon as you arrive at hotel and create separate and tidy areas, whether in a hotel in Cusco or an amazon lodge in Tambopata tour programs, not forgetting the play area. It will help to create a comfortable and familiar space where both children and adults feel at home.
- For lunch or dinner out, bring the time forward. At first glance, the idea of having lunch at one o’clock or dinner at six in the evening may not seem the most normal thing to do when you visit Machupicchu with kids.
However, it has many advantages: it helps to find a seat without having to wait in queues or make reservations, there is more silence and it even offers more possibilities to have extra space next to the table, which is essential if you have a pram.
- Forget about things-to-do list, be flexible and try to improvise, but always in an orderly manner. In the evenings, before going to bed, a good idea is to plan the next day’s activities together. Taking into account the children’s opinions and involving them in the decisions of the trip will make them experience it with more enthusiasm.
- Let the adults become a bit of a kid too. Slow down the pace, extend the experiences and do not be in a hurry to get to places. In other words, enjoy the Machupicchu family tour + Sacred Valley without thinking about what comes next. It will take the stress off everyone in the family and help make the family vacation in Peru even more positive.